Disclaimer!

Disclaimer - We are a very dedicated and passionate group of people coming together in a workshop experience to improve our teaching and the lives of our students. The opinions we express here are our own, and not necessarily those of the institutions supporting us! Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Leg Down

Well, we are in Washington DC after a very short flight on an old fashioned airplane with propellers!  We have a six hour layover here and we are going back and reading through your "homefun." Shirley and Rachel are enjoying themselves immensely - Shirley: We are so intimidated by how intelligent and insightful you are (we knew you would be, but even for teachers you guys are pretty swift). We are learning some Arabic, unfortunately it is from Michael!  Inshalah. We can't wait to get there and meet you all.  Rachel: Your answers on ontology are so fantastic!  I am really having a great time reading your ideas about these things, good vs evil etc. I am very excited to meet you, to find out what you guys do for fun? 
We will be pressing on soon, on our way to London!  I don't know if I can post from there or not, but I can check to see if you post comments so that I can put them up.  We are very excited to get there and get busy.  FYI, we are also doing workshops for the Oxford School, and Shirley and I are presenting at the American Language Center's Shaping the Way We Teach Conference on Friday, January 20th  (lol we then fly out of Amman at 1:30am in the morning).  This will be a very busy and exciting visit, but we hope to spend time with all of you when we can.  The two ladies are available for early evening adventures if any of you ladies are free :)
Talk to you soon!

7 comments:

  1. How FUN :)

    I think it is a skyfun this time heheheh
    Wish you have a flyfun too :)

    Shirley: am sure you will learn much good Arabic in the coming few days!

    Tuned to meet all of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are even more eager to have you between us Shirley and Rachel. Hope it will be a very fruitful experience.
    Sa'ad

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to meeting u ;)
    rania hassouneh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael,Shirley and Rachel you are all welcome in Jordan that is ( ahlan wa sahlan)in Arabic...
    Wish you have good time.....& I am eager to meet u all
    Ahlan wa sahlan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Day, Everyone. I am a former colleague of Michael's at the University of Akron. He taught me many good things.
    Today is the first day of classes, and I have met once with each class. One was warm and friendly, one was rather timid, and the last one was mostly unengaged. Already.
    I am working out 2 or three philosophical positions as I look at these classes. Should every student be in college? At a University? As a developmental educator, I believe everyone (with a few exceptions)can learn and should have the opportunity to do so. In the USA, it's almost a right, and almost a necessity if a person wants a good job. When did education become about jobs and not so much about learning? Do we have John Dewey to thank for that? Or will the liberal arts educators among us curse him? And what do we do now-where is the compromise? Is this just in the USA? Sorry, no answers to be found here, just questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope for you to spend a nice time. Unfortunately, I will miss meeting you at the conference. I didn't enroll before the first of January because I was very busy.the time now is too late. I wish for you a good time.
    sara subhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's really great
    we are looking forward to meeting u
    it will be nice

    Tahani S.

    ReplyDelete