Disclaimer!

Disclaimer - We are a very dedicated and passionate group of people coming together in a workshop experience to improve our teaching and the lives of our students. The opinions we express here are our own, and not necessarily those of the institutions supporting us! Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Note From Another New River Colleague!

Hello! What an exciting experience we are about to embark. When Michael asked me in a three-minute phone conversation if I wanted to go to Jordan, I immediately said sure. He said we would be going to a teaching academy; we’d be gone for 2 weeks, and work would pay for the trip. He then told me he’d call me back in an hour, and needed a definite answer.
 Seriously, could I possibly say no to this amazing experience?
I’m not sure why or how it happened exactly, but I do believe it happened to me for a very good reason. And, after reading all the posts on the website, I do believe this may be one of the best experiences in my life!
At first, because everything happened so quickly, I wasn’t really sure what was getting ready to take place in Jordan. I just knew I was going. This opportunity came to me at a busy time, and I had no idea the work it involved. So, when Michael gave me our first assignment, I totally felt overwhelmed. I became a little scared. It wasn’t the work load he gave us, but the type of work he required. I absolutely love my job, and I think I am good at it. But, until Michael asked me to be a part of this, I have never had anyone ask me to share my deepest thoughts and ideas on what I do every day. What came so naturally for me, suddenly became foreign. It had been a while since I had to express my feelings and really reflect on what I do and what I believe. This took time for me.
Thanks to Michael’s patience with me, I am now on board. You are an astounding bunch of teachers, and  I am grateful that I will be a part of this academy! I haven’t interacted with any of you, yet, but I already feel as though I know you. As I read your posts, I see we have a lot in common. I am so looking forward to sharing ideas with other enthusiastic, open-minded teachers!
I look forward to truly getting to know you guys, as I have a feeling we will, very soon.
Rachel Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel,
    I am honord to be the first to welcome you. We are blessed and grateful to have you among us in this academy. Certainly, we are looking forward to learning a lot from you.

    We look forward to spending time with you and Michael. Let us know if you want to know specific things about anything here in Jordan either about us as teahcers, education system, or UNRWA, etc.

    Thanks Rachel


    Zeinab

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re most welcome Rachel in Jordan! We’ll be lucky to have this very opportunity of sharing and learning ! Ahlan wa Sahlan in Arabic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Zeinab and Khadijeh, for the warm welcome and kind words!

    Zeinab - I am sure I will have many questions for you about Jordan - thank you!

    Khadijeh - Arabic - a new language for me. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rachel,
    I would be glad to help you and to offer you the info you want about Jordan. I hope you like it as there are places that Im sure you would enjoy visiting!!!
    I am looking forward to hear more about your experiences!

    Zeienab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rachel,
    It's very nice to hear from you:)

    We are very excited about this whole thing as well, cannot wait for January to get to know you and work together.
    Looking forward to meeting you :)
    We are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good things happen, it is a destiny to good people to meet together and serve the the humanity no matter the distance,language, religion,or nationality... you are more than welcome Rachel....enjoy the trip....
    Kamal

    ReplyDelete