Disclaimer!

Disclaimer - We are a very dedicated and passionate group of people coming together in a workshop experience to improve our teaching and the lives of our students. The opinions we express here are our own, and not necessarily those of the institutions supporting us! Thank you for understanding.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Why I Joined the Academy

Al salaam alikom:
I am Abeer Zayed, a UNRWA teacher from Jordan, and I want to tell why I joined the academy.
At the beginning I wasn’t very enthusiastic, I felt it's gonna be like any other boring workshop, but after I started emailing Mr.Michael and after visiting the web and reading all the comments I couldn’t wait.
I feel that we "teachers" shoulder the responsibility of teaching kids about life manners and teaching them how to live and how to learn and we didn’t learn this at university so I really wish to learn it in this amazing academy.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Abeer, you have hit the nail on the head I think. I didn't learn any of this in college (or I didn't have the "schema" to understand it if I was exposed to it). You all have rich experiences, the greatest job in the world, in one of the most important places on the earth right now. There is a lot to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we all wish.... you'r right!! our message should go beyond the books we teach.... it should be every teacher's mission and vision to do so. and yes Michael we have loooooooots to do!!!

    ReplyDelete